Admission Requirements (Pre-Business)
Freshman admission is competitive. Students who apply for this major and are accepted into the Belk College of Business are initially classified as Pre-Business (PBUS) majors. Students interested in pursuing a major in Business Analytics, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or Operations and Supply Chain Management should seek admission to the Pre-Business program to ensure appropriate advising and support. Students who complete the Progression Requirements listed below may declare an upper-division major in Business Analytics, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum GPA: 2.5 overall and 2.5 in Progression Courses listed below
- Pre-Major/Prerequisite/Progression Courses:
[ A minimum grade of C is required for all Progression Courses. Students may attempt each of the Progression Courses listed above a maximum of two times. An attempt is defined as a course that is completed with a final grade of A, B, C, D, or F. Courses repeated under the UNC Charlotte Grade Replacement Policy are excluded from the GPA computation, but will count as an attempt. Otherwise, all grades earned in repeated courses are included in the GPA computation.]
- Declaration of Major and/or Progression Requirements: Junior standing (60 credit hours or more); Pre-Business Requirements listed above; approved Change of Major form. Pre-Business students should submit Change of Major forms to an Academic and Career Coach in the Belk College of Business Niblock Student Center. Students who fail to declare their upper-division major on time will be prohibited from declaring their upper-division major in the College if their GPA falls below a 2.5. Students who do not meet the Progression Requirements above are ineligible for continuation in the Belk College of Business.
Transfer students interested in pursuing a Major in Business Analytics, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or Operations and Supply Chain Management should seek admission to the Pre-Business program. Transfer admission requirements for the Pre-Business major include the following:
- Minimum GPA: 2.5 overall and 2.5 in equivalent Progression Courses completed
- Pre-Major/Prerequisite/Progression Courses: See Progression Courses above
To obtain this degree, students must meet the University requirements of a GPA of at least 2.0 overall and in the courses for the major. Students must earn a minimum grade of C in all required Progression, Core, and Major Courses. When students repeat a course, both the old and new grades are included in the major and overall GPA. Courses repeated under the Grade Replacement Policy are excluded from the major and overall GPA computation. However, this repeated course does count as an attempt. Students must also meet the Belk College of Business residency requirements listed under the “Degree Requirements” heading on the main College of Business page .