Undergraduate Catalog | 2019-2020 Previous Edition
College of Arts + Architecture
The primary mission of the College of Arts + Architecture is to provide programs that prepare graduates for careers as architects, artists, leaders, cultural administrators, and innovators in our emerging creative economy. The college draws together in a single academic unit disciplines with common histories, methods of inquiry, and potential for contributions to the community. It serves to enhance creative, professional, and cultural production within the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and to help lead the creative economy in the region and state. The college is responsive to both cross-cultural exchange and “crossover” research and programming and seeks to provide new connections to the public realm and new opportunities for community leadership. The arts and architecture have a long history of collaboration; they require analysis and interpretation of information and media; and they demand imagination regarding the realms of communication, technology, economic change, and diversity.
The College of Arts + Architecture consists of one school and four departments, which share basic educational values and academic aspirations:
All first-time, full-time freshmen entering the College of Arts + Architecture and UNC Charlotte in the Fall semester are required to take COAA 1101 during their first semester in the college.
All students in the College of Arts + Architecture must also satisfy the requirements for the degree program(s) in which they are enrolled. Students should consult with their academic advisor and chosen department to make certain they fully understand all degree requirements.
- Architecture, B.Arch.
- Architecture, B.A.
- Art, B.A.
- Art, B.F.A.
- Art History, B.A.
- Dance, B.A.
- Music, B.A.
- Music, B.M.
- Music, Choral/General Music Education Concentration, B.M.
- Music, Composition Concentration, B.M.
- Music, Elective Study in an Outside Field Concentration, B.M.
- Music, Instrumental/General Music Education Concentration, B.M.
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration, B.M.
- Music, Jazz Studies Concentration, B.M.
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration, B.M.
- Theatre, B.A.
- Theatre, Applied Theatre Concentration, B.A.
- Theatre, Design/Tech Concentration, B.A.
- Theatre, Directing, Dramaturgy, and Dramatic Writing Concentration, B.A.
- Theatre, Performance Concentration, B.A.
- Theatre, Theatre Education (K-12) Concentration, B.A.
Graduate Early Entry Program