Mar 29, 2020
Exceptional undergraduate students at UNC Charlotte may apply to this Early Entry Program to begin work toward a graduate degree before completion of the baccalaureate degree.
- Completion of at least 75 undergraduate credit hours (although it is expected that close to 90 credit hours will have been earned by the time the first graduate course is taken)
- Minimum 3.2 overall undergraduate GPA
- Minimum 3.5 GPA in Exercise Science courses
- Submit application online at mygradschool.uncc.edu and provide supporting documents
- Recommendation by the Graduate Program Director and approved by the Graduate School
- Grades of C or above in the following prerequisite courses:
- Human Anatomy with laboratory
- Human Physiology with laboratory
- Chemistry with laboratory
- Physics with laboratory*
- Exercise Physiology
- Medical Terminology*
- Introduction to Biology*
- 50 hours of observational experience with a Certified Athletic Trainer
*These courses are currently not required for the General Education Program or for the B.S. in Exercise Science program.
Continued Enrollment Requirements
- Completion of Early Entry Program Form, and approved by the Undergraduate Coordinator, Graduate Program Director, and Graduate School, prior to registering for graduate coursework each semester
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Undergraduate students are allowed to take only 15 hours of graduate credit before they have completed their baccalaureate degree
This Early Entry Program is also accelerated; up to 9 credit hours earned at the graduate level may be substituted for required undergraduate hours. In other words, up to 9 credit hours of graduate coursework may be “double counted” toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees. Those courses are:
For additional details on Early Entry to Graduate Programs, see the “Degree Requirements and Academic Policies” section of the Graduate Catalog and the Graduate Admissions website at gradadmissions.uncc.edu/admissions/early-entry.
For details about the full requirements for this degree program, see the program listing in the Graduate Catalog.