Exceptional undergraduate students at UNC Charlotte may apply to either of these Early Entry Programs to begin work toward a graduate degree before completion of the baccalaureate degree.
- Completion of at least 75 undergraduate credit hours (although it is expected that close to 90 credit hours will have been earned by the time the first graduate course is taken)
- Minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Minimum 2.0 GPA in WGST 1101 and WGST 3220
- Submit application online at mygradschool.uncc.edu and provide supporting documents (i.e., transcripts and a brief personal statement)
- Recommendation by the Graduate Program Director and approved by the Graduate School (no additional external recommendation letters required for application)
Note: GRE scores are not required.
Continued Enrollment Requirements
- Completion of Early Entry Program Form, with signatures indicating approval by the Undergraduate Coordinator, Graduate Program Director, and Graduate School, prior to registering for graduate coursework
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Undergraduate students are allowed to take only 15 hours of graduate credit before they have completed their baccalaureate degree
This Early Entry Program is also accelerated; up to 12 credit hours earned at the graduate level may be substituted for required undergraduate hours. In other words, up to 12 credit hours of graduate coursework may be “double counted” toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
These courses include:
For additional details on Early Entry to Graduate Programs, see the “Degree Requirements and Academic Policies” section of the Graduate Catalog and the Graduate Admissions website at gradadmissions.uncc.edu/admissions/early-entry.
For details about the full requirements for these degree programs, see the individual program listings in the Graduate Catalog.